Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pimp my ride!!!

I've had the Tricross for 6 months or so and have to say it's a really cool bike but by far was my least favorite and least ridden of any bike I currently own. I don't know if it simply feels too much like a road bike or I was just never comfortable on it? I THANK Jen for buying it for me but it's tough to show enthusiasm when you don't like something.
I needed to be fit properly and had issue w/ reaching the levers in the drops. The was problematic on the FUN gravel road descents of parsons branch and rich mountain. I decided to try a few things before totally ditching such an AWESOME BIKE! As with any bike I own, it's got be tweaked! I sold off the wheels and '08 Rival group to PIMP MY RIDE! The wheels were upgraded to a King classic road hub (red) laced to mavic cxp 33 rims (black) using paired dt swiss revolution spokes ( black & silver w/ black and red nipples). The brakes were upgraded to Paul's so I could slow down a little better. I also got the '09 Rival group which is not only all black but has reach adjustments for the brake and shift lever. G$ also adjusted a few things for me getting the fit really dialed in.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: