Monday, January 12, 2009

Intelligence vs. Common Sense

It is often confused as one in the same. Is a lack of common sense seen as being less intelligent or is being a dumb ass seen as lacking common sense? In my case, the jury is still out?!?
For Example: my newest bike- what in the hell was I thinking??? or was I??? Have I lost it, again? Come on a freakin' rigid SS 29er. I know I've had one before and liked it but as my only damn mountain bike!
After a mechanical issue delayed my innagural ride on the new bike last week. I decided today was the day to go ride it...the plan was Raccoon mtn but I opted for my favorite trail system in all the world SNORRIS! I knew it was going to be hard but NOT THAT DAMN HARD! All today's ride did was PISS ME OFF!!!! So much for easing into my training plan? Of course, I rode the most difficult route I could. Trying to blow myself up right off the bat, but you know,"if you're gonna be stupid, you've gotta be tough."
My problem is that I've set the bar way too high for '09. It all started with me opening my BIG mouth that I was going to race (term used very loosely) the Cohutta 100 on a SS. This got me to thinkin', which normally doesn't happen and when it does it means T-R-O-U-B-L-E! So, I was bored the other night and began to put a little list together of my goals for '09.
'09 events:
April 25th Cohutta 100
May 2nd PMBAR w/ G$ or Jen (whom ever will be my teammate)
May 9th Syllamo's Revenge
July 26th ORAMM (maybe)
August 15th Fool's Gold 100
September 6th Shenandoaha 100
October 15-18th Pisgah Stage Race (solo or G$/Jen teammate)
November 8th SWANK 65 (maybe)
Luckily I've got about 15 weeks or so to prepare for the 1st event.

The DEBATE goes on...Intelligence vs. Common Sense?

1 comment:

Wally said...

You're cheating, you told me you were only doing 1 training ride before Cohutta. I guess I need to start training.