Thursday, April 2, 2009

Training ride...

As you know, I got all fired up for about a month and a half. I rode my SS several times a week w/ fury. I even road tripped to Pisgah 4 weeks in a row. I was training!!! Then, I fell off the wagon. It's been over 3 weeks since I rode my SS, I've been on a DH bike 2x since then, and I rode the tricross for the full moon.

I've had this event on my radar for about a month but didn't know whether I was going or not. W/ PMBAR lurking right around the corner; I thought it was time to get back on the bike. Yes, I know you don't begin a MAJOR construction/home improvement project in the spring!!! So yesterday @ work G$ and I signed up for the Dragons Tale; This after we commited to go Tuesday night @ AJ's baseball game. Of course, G$ can be a bad influence. I n his words,"Nobody comes off the couch like you do!" We'll see about that...

Its 40 miles w/ 2 rest stops and from the pictures: looks like it will be a SH*T load of FUN!

So in typical Jay fashion I stuck with my normal pre-race preparation. I rode exactly half the race distance last night on the greenway to the PUB for some carb-o loading. Jen and I joined the group from the house for a 22 mile cruise through west Knox into market square. Good friends, bike ridin', pizza, and of course, BEER drinkin'! GOOD TIMES...

We'll have a post-race report next week. Until then I'll be training

No comments: